Friday, November 14, 2008

Positivity

Children reflect your moods, so spare a thought when you have those days when you feel agitated or snappy. Be in control, try to think positive because in the end you’ll reap the benefits of a happy child.
Try learning techniques of switching on and off your moods, pushing away bad and irritating thoughts, promising yourself a treat – a glass of wine at the end of the day or a bar of chocolate!
I personally love the benefits of lavender oil it calms me down every time. [I put a dab on my wrist and sniff.]
If the children are being boisterous and tetchy, instead of picking up on their mood, tell yourself “I am the adult here” change what you are doing with them, have a fun game, creating laughter and a happy mood.
I’ve found that children adapt their moods very quickly, it takes a clever adjustment from the adult to turn what could have been a stressful time into an enjoyable one.

No comments: