Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn

Well Autumn has arrived.
I was out this morning collecting leaves, as I have done for many years whilst looking after children.
I love this time of year, the colours are so beautiful and it reminds us all of how wonderful nature really is.

As I collected various shapes and sizes and a selection of colours, it made me think of the individual children that have had this happy and educational experience with me through the years. Hopefully it made an impression on them, and my hope is that they will have a 'moment' to treasure their memory and believe that there can be little bits of happiness in this strange pressured world we live in today.

So, I would advise anyone looking after young children to make a slot in your busy day in the next couple of weeks to go outside, find a park, a country lane, or just the street and find as many different sorts of leaves you can.

Have fun.

No comments: